04 January 2012

The Fruits of a Typewriter Hunt


  1. Heck, let the errors stand! They reflect the vitality and reality of typewriting.

  2. Your post is fine. We all post typos. Nice Smith-coronas.
    I am guessing you were using the ribbons with the silly corrector where the red belongs????

  3. I am a bit of a perfectionist. That I admit to any errors and do not cover them all is big for me.

    I would never put such a ribbon with white corrector tape on it in my Smith-Coronas! I have a Sears typewriter I got for $6 which was marketed with a correction ribbon, came with one, and is already whited up by previous users of it. Since it was cheap, although it actually types very well (it is a Japanese model), and is already marred with white, I keep it with the correction ribbon.

    I will post something with it to show it. The scans show more detail than the paper does to my eyes, so it is a good way to appreciate the typefaces.

  4. I, too, am rather a perfectionist when it comes to posting typewritten posts on my blog. However, my errors ARE visible to the discerning eye.

    I have several sheets of that old KO-REC-COPY correction paper which was given to me by someone working in a business machine shop in 2001. I don't know what I'll switch to when it runs out...