17 March 2012

The Typewriter Preference Poll Results

The results for preferred typewriter brand poll:

Olympia 7 (25%)
Smith-Corona or Corona 5 (17%)
Hermes 4 (14%)
Royal 3 (10%)
Adler 3 (10%)
Olivetti 2 (7%)
Other 2 (7%)
Remington 1 (3%)
Underwood 1 (3%)
Oliver 0 (0%)

Not many voted, but Smith-Corona and Olympia are top (no surprise there) and a healthy range of preferences even in a very small selection of typewriter users. Poor Oliver though...I want one of those someday although I do not think they would replace Smith-Corona for me due the limited range of design and of course any inferior aspects.

I wonder what "Other" was? Brother perhaps? Or maybe it was a typewriter brand with a more restricted range of development. There is always something else, another experience, left to have. No wonder we tend towards collecting...

3 comments:

  1. If Marty Rice (author of "Tlog") had voted I'm sure Oliver would not be at zero! I voted Remington in honor of my first typewriter and sentimental favorite, a RNP7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was one of the other, Facti TP1. I like my Hermes and Adler J4, but since I have the Facit I find myself picking that one over the others even my Smith-Coronas.

    Now, had I voted as Richard I would have picked Underwood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this poll! I would have voted Olivetti Studio 44.

    ReplyDelete